C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:06:48 -0400
If I may offer my $.02 here...

Bob, I've been on this list for a couple of years, and like any other
listserver it's basically a running conversation with no beginning and no
end.  Half the time the subject has little or nothing to do with CP, and
that's ok by me.  I'd hate to think I was so one-dimensional all I could
think about, or write about, was my disability.  I think this list would
become a very stale place, too, if that were our only topic of discussion.
Not only that, I think it could degenerate into a "pity party" pretty darn
fast.

Yes, you are a relatively new list member, and, yes, the one or two word
replies shot back and forth are confusing and frustrating...at first.  Once
you've been here some time, however, and begin to "know" the participants,
you'll also begin to "know" the threads.  Yes, frankly, some of them bore me
to tears.  That's why the characters on the DELETE key on my keyboard are
just about worn away.

-Kyle