Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
KATHRYN P ROSENTHAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:35:53 -0400
>The city I live in doesn't have water fit to drink, so we get purified
>water, made, I think, by reverse osmosis and filtering.........stuff
deleted...........
>Should I be drinking mineral water?  I'm not even sure what that is ...

Robert, if you have a reverse osmosis water filter installed under your sink
and a separate little faucet on to of the sink, you should be o.k. as long
as you get the filter changed once a yr.  Your plumber who installed it will
know how to do it.  There is also a part that has to be changed ea. three
yrs.

If you are relying on city water, you may want to consider having a filter
installed in your house.  A good plumbing company should be able to help
walk you through the different options; also, there's a lot of info on the
net.  City water contains a lot of non-healthy junk that only has to meet
national standards and the pipes going into your house may further
exacerbate the problem.

My understanding is that reverse osmosis water retains the minerals; it is
distilled water that tastes flat...all the minerals are zapped out of
distilled water.  Spring water in the store may come from anywhere and most
companies don't test more often than required by law...Poland Springs is one
exception that I know of, they test several times a day.

Kath (happy with RO water)