Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:26:02 -0400
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Robert McGlohon wrote:

> I can eat raw spinach and might be able to learn to enjoy some others.
> Bought the makins for "garbage salad" tonight and will give it a try soon.
> I guess I still have some ingrained fears about high-glycemic foods such as
> fruit.

Many fruits are not especially high-glycemic.  The glycemic index
of a grapefruit, for example, is only about 36; an apple is about
54.  I imagine it depends on the ratio of fructose to other
sugars, as well as the amount of fiber.  Not surprisingly,
watermelon has a very high glycemic index.

I try to find the smaller, more tart apples.  Usually a good bet
is to buy the ones that are supposed to be for cooking, not
eating.

Todd Moody