Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Norman Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:08:27 -0400
Hello, Mary.

My father is 81.  He had a severe heart attack when he was 49, in 1968.

He quit smoking, then, and on the the recommendation of his physician,
bought the (then) newly-released "Aerobics", by Ken Cooper.  He didn't read
it.  It sat on the shelf until I stumbled upon it and read it, a year later.
I've been exercising (and, sometimes, over-exercising) ever since.

A couple of years later, his physician suggested that he buy "Let's Eat
Right To Keep Fit", by Adelle Davis.  He showed me the prescription sheet,
on which his doctor had written the title and author, and I put it in my
wallet; it stayed there for 2 years.  I was in a health food store (rare, in
1972), to buy my supply of unbleached white wheat flour, when I was faced
with a copy of "Let's Eat Right To Keep Fit".  I bought it.  It sat on the
shelf for another year.  Months later, when I was going over the books on my
shelf to find something that I hadn't read, I saw it and read it.

Adelle raised many more questions, in my mind, than she answered; but,
there's been no looking back, ever since.

I have, over 3 decades, arrived at what I think is the best combination of
diet and exercise, for me.  I also think that most people are where I was in
1969.

People will not be prepared to receive any (ANY) information, until their
minds are open.  The signal of an open mind is a question.  When someone is
greatly distressed  (in a state of impending doom), s/he may easily be
prompted to ask a question.  What they are prepared to receive is only a
small step away from where they are.  I think that the one small step that
they're able to take that will bring the greatest benefits, is to read and
heed "The Omega Diet", by Artemis Simopolous.  The next step, in my opinion,
would be to drop the dairy and grains.

Good luck to you and your father.

Norm S.