Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 16:56:55 -0500
> Excuse me? Why are you so paranoid about raw liver when you eat raw meat
> via jerky?

It's not a matter of paranoia but of food safety.Your asking this question
leads me to suspect that you've never suffered a case of food poisoning from
eating raw meat contaminated by bacteria.  There is no way to assure that
store-bought meat (organ or muscle) is free of such bacteria. Jerky and
dried liver are sterilized through the dehydration process (the dried liver
is subjected to low heat as well). Hormone content and liver toxicity are
not issues that are directly related to bacterial contamination caused by
modern food handling and processing. (Eating raw meat from a fresh kill is a
different story.)

The dried liver supplement has made a noticeable improvement in my skin. It
appears to be better than no liver at all. I'm sticking with it.

Troy