Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Laura Northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 05:42:28 EDT
>Also for the record, my farming grandparents ate bacon
>eggs, ham, bread, cookies, cheeses, steak, chicken, all kinds of fruit,
>veggies, home made beer and wine and they all (including 17 brothers and
>sisters) lived into their late 90s and early 100s.

I read something interesting about this type of lifestyle in the book
"Seventh Day Diet", about the specialized (mostly natural) diet promoted by
Seventh Day Adventists. It said that the effects of a high yeast/fat/dairy
regime were often overcome by a very physically active lifestyle, where the
yeast, etc. was detoxed through constant movement/exercise. I would tend to
believe that, since I spent a year's sabbatical building a house and living
in the woods several years ago, and a majority of my health problems cleared
up -- even though I was still eating grains and sugar, and occasional dairy
(had I gone paleo, of course, they probably ALL would have cleared up!). A
sedentary lifestyle is about the worst thing you can do to your body,
regardless of what diet you're on, and in tandem with stress and the
poisonous food we eat, is probably why people are in such bad health these
days.

Laura