Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:13:43 -0400
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Wally Day wrote:

> I don't know, Todd. Early on I posted a few questions
> and observations that were quite quickly flamed as not
> being "paleo enough". At the time, I thought the items
> were legitimate and might have merit to someone who
> was "just looking". Some of the "powers that be",
> though, decided that I did not have a right to express
> myself on those subjects. I quickly learned my lesson
> and kept my posts within a strictly "paleo only" vein
> (or pretty close to it, anyway).

I don't recall the incident, Wally, so I can't comment.  My own
view is that it's important to remember that there's more than
one way to think about what is "paleo" and that there are various
levels of commitment to this way of eating.  There are some
people here who make liberal use of the ideas of Mary Enig and
Sally Fallon on "traditional" or pre-industrial diets, and for my
own part I welcome that.  I don't think that a person who, for
example, includes some home-made yogurt in her diet should be
sent packing or even criticized, and there ought to be allowance
for discussion of such choices without resorting to accusations.

In short, I think there is room for those who choose to be, say,
"75% paleo" as well as for the rigorists.

Todd Moody