Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:02:29 -0600
This is a difficult issue,

To do a true dietary study requires thousands of people be
involved for many years with lots of interviews.
That costs money.  The problem with grass roots
studies is that they tend to be VERY biased and uncontrolled.

A true study of "no grain, no dairy" would require useing a test
population of several thousand people, and a control population
of several thousand people, and track them for at least 20 years
and watch the development of arthritis, heart problems, diabetis,
and mental problems.  Also it would be nice to track
physical fitness vs. excercise.
Such a study would cost millions of $ and be opposed
by the dairy and grain people.  The ranchers would
like the study.  Thus the poitical cost would be very high
if the FDA funded this.  The ultimate embarasment
such a study might cause for the established medical
profession, and the FDA would be very great.

What we (Paleo Dieters) are left with is our own experience,
which is what I go on.

Richard Keene, Novell Inc, Provo, Utah, 801-861-4389,