Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 03:16:54 EDT
In a message dated 09/01/1999 4:57:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  > >If there is a lot of saturated fat floating around in the
>  > >bloodstream, then at least one BIG problem is that the fat simply plugs
> up
>  > >everything! If you've ever seen the video by Dr. Michael Klaper, Diet
for
>  > All
>  > >Reasons, he shows what happens in a tube of blood drawn from a patient
> who
>  > has
>  > >just eaten a triple-bypass special, fries and a shake at the local
>  > McGrease.
>
>  Actually, McDonald's now uses vegetable oil for cooking fries,
>  and I believe the "milk shakes" are themselves concocted from
>  soybean oil and various dairy by-products, with various vegetable
>  thickeners, etc.  My comment had to do with the contribution of
>  saturated fats to insulin resistance.  I think the meal described
>  here would in fact be rather low in saturates.

Yes,,and high in trans fatty acids,,which are supposed to be just
as bad if not worse for us than saturated fats.  Too many omega 6
oils predispose us to cancer,,and particularly those used in deep
fat, high temperature, frying....they make food taste good,,but
the oil is dead weight,,and totally unrecognizable to the human body.
Lard is better for deep fat frying, its more stable at high temperatures
and doesnt oxidize as badly as omega 6's.  But how paleo is
deep fat frying?,,,,we shouldnt be eating that at all anyway.

It seems to me that having too much fat in the blood if its not
supposed to be there, is not a desirable situation...regardless of
how healthy the diet that got us that way is supposed to be..for
example, there are people with naturally high cholesterol levels
that have nothing to do with their food intake,,they are predisposed
to a disorder...its possible that eating this way may not agree with
some people and this insulin resistance that comes of it might
actually work against them..but for others..it may not be an issue
at all....

Insulin sensitivity can be improved with exercise.  If you take that
into consideration along with the higher than average amount of
fat,,perhaps they balance out...paleo man moved around, modern
man is a couch potato....doesnt take a rocket scientist to see
that insulin resistance will be a problem for a sedantary couch
potato, but not likely for a very physically active person.

Anna 8-)    <my estate is now minus 2 more cents>