Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 05:35:36 EDT
> I don't think that I have been taken in. I have seen other who have
> done well with his treatment as well as myself.  He has a wonderful
> gentle touch that allows pain to go away. He is a very SANE,
> inteligent man.

Mr. Karas, you have a wonderful list here. Thank you for it.  I try to respect all people, except those that show wanton disregard for the health and safety of others (it is my job afterall, so I have little tolerance to it).

Your friend, the now infamous 'doctor' may be a wonderful chiropractor, but this isn't a back list.  And his statements weren't about back health.  I am absolutely mystified at your support of him and his statements on this list...did you read what he wrote?

I am also rather at a loss as to the criteria you use for moderation of messages.  The struggle between the spirit of the law and the letter of the law is a constant theme in my work (law enforcement)so I can understand how difficult it can be.

It is a bit frightening that a message that can do widespread, physical HARM to the public, is allowed to go unnoticed, and noone allowed to challenge it, lest they get a warning about the type of message sent. Yet, which had the potential to do most damage?  The worst that could have happened from a truly nasty and insulting message (which noone has yet to send in my opinion) is to hurt the doctor's ego. Big whoop.

The worst that could have happened by his irresponsibly broad statement is ...hhmm..I dunno....death...?

I don't want to alienate you. But I know how human nature can be..and right now I suspect my subscription to this list is probably already on pretty shaky ground...but if that's the price I have to pay to clarify that which is true, AND which has the potential to HURT THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, then I'll pay it.  I don't know what your loyalty to this man is. If it's based on a real friendship, I applaud it.  But don't sell us out because of it.

I thought this list was created to do some good in society.  Not to protect those that would do it bad.
Anyone else out there agree?

Anna L. Abrante