Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:53:51 -0700
I, too, have wrestled with this question. And the best
solution I've come up with so far is this: When in
doubt, put yourself in "primitive" shoes.

What does that mean? Well, in the case of "forbidden
foods", it's very likely that primitives indulged
occasionally in "abnormal" foods during celebrations,
etc.; or during rare times when such foods were
available. Like alchohol (fermented fruits), sweets
(honey combs), and possibly others I can't even begin
to imagine. And, I think the predisposition of the
human species to "experiment" would make this the norm
rather than the exception.

Where the real problem lies is the EZ availability of
"bad" foods in our modern world. IMHO The occasional
indulgence is not really a problem. Fortunately, for
me at least, most of the current refined foods are not
that appealing.