Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:44:32 -0700
>Don.

>Nice reference. Yes, salt is a factor, and Loren Cordain has written about
>it on the PaleoDiet list. The main reason for my posting the reference on
>protein and calcium is Ron and I are writting an article titled "Factors
>that Inhibit Calcium Absorption" and instead of just sending it to him, and
>someone else on the list, I figured I'd just post it for all.
>
>Our article is basically finished. So I quickly tossed a copy at my web
>site so you all can read it. It's now at:
>
>  http://www.PaleoDiet.com/losspts.txt

thank you Don for sharing this with us, i am personally very interested by
the subject, because having addison disease i don't secrete cortisone and so
have the tendancy to lose my sodium. We are asked by endocrinologs to eat
lot of salt. But i allways been split between taking it or not because i
have the feeling that excess salt intake of my mother and my self in the
past might be having lot to do with the collapse of my adrenal cortex. Now
because of 18 years of cortisone supplementation i am prone to osteoporosis
that a bone density test just confirmed recently . It just happen that the
last few months i indulged in salt a lot, following a 4 months abstinence of
it . between too much or not enough i have hard time getting a balance each
side having its symptoms.
i am getting lot of exercise so it is limiting the worse .
i still need to learn more about the relationships between VIt D,
cholesterol, steroid hormones (cortisone and Dhea specially) calcium and
salt.
if you have any other insight i will welcome them.
Thank you
jean-claude