C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"R. Hintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:41:00 EST
To follow up on my earlier post, it is oxytocin that is released during
lactation which helps all mothers relax while breastfeeding. This is the same
hormone given to induce labor. I should know, I was induced with both my kids.
I spoke with a physiologist with a Ph.D. & she thought it made perfect sense
that spasticity would decrease during this time. Judi Rogers @ TLG said the
same thing happened to her. So if you feel kind of "rubbery" after birth,
don't worry. I don't think its permanent. It wasn't for me. Renee