C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:19:44 -0400
From:
Bob Mauro - PeopleNet <[log in to unmask]>
                           PRESSRELEASE

For Immediate Release

Date:     June 18, 1999
Contact:  Robert Mauro, KZ2G

                     Amateur Radio Field Day

     Worldwide from 18:00 UTC, June 26 until 18:00 UTC, June 27,
1999, amateur radio operators from around the world will be
participating in the annual
Field Day Event.
     Hams worldwide will operate on emergency power in parks and
public places to demonstrate how amateur radio can assist
authorities during natural and man-made
disasters.
     In the past ham operators have provided vital communications
during hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, and
numerous other natural and man-made disasters.  Amateur radio
operators have provided the vital link between groups
like the Red Cross, FEMA, and state and local authorities needed
to coordinate search and rescue operations -- saving many lives
in the process.
     This year, like every year, hundreds of hams in our area
will be setting up field day sites in Eisenhower Park, Wantagh
Park, Rosemary Kennedy Center, and other locations in and around
Long Island.
     Many hams will also be working from their homes using
emergency power or AC.  The object of the Field Day Event is to
communicate with as many amateur radio operators as possible in
the 24-hour operating period.  And to, thereby, demonstrate the
joys and capabilities of amateur radio -- using voice, data, and
Morse Code.
     The Field Day Event is sponsored annually by the American
Radio Relay League, based in Newington, Connecticut.  The ARRL is
a national organization of amateur radio operators.  The ARRL
publishes QST Magazine and provides a voice in Washington, DC,
for hams.
     As an amateur radio operator with a disability, I'll be
participating, too.  If you're a ham, I hope we can work each
other.

                      Bob Mauro, [log in to unmask]
The PeopleNet DisAbility DateNet              Check out my new book
All About Love, Sex & Disability         THE LANDSCAPE OF MY DISABILITY
Stories, Articles, Poems, Books      * Published by The Lemonade Factory *
    http://idt.net/~mauro               http://idt.net/~mauro/books.html
                 >>--->  MOST BOOKS NOW ON SALE  <---<<
                  including my "Real Crip Sex" booklet
For info send a SASE to:  PeopleNet  POB 897  Levittown  NY  11756-0897