From:
Bilodeau / Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:53:25 -0500

Hi,

Following Karen's summary on fatigue, I wrote:
   Usually I prefer to take vitamin from food than from a pill, I would like to
   know the best natural source of these supplements, if possible (can you get
   DHEA from food?).  If not, the best brand for supplement and the safe
   dosage.

Most of you answered me that you could not get enough vitamin from food and
had to take supplement.

One answered this:

I have been on a juice diet given to me by my doctor.  I drink 4 to 6
glasses (8 oz) a day of fresh vegetable juice from carrots, peppers, celery,
spinach, cabbage, onion, potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and just about any
vegetable that I can get.  With that I eat a small amount of other foods.  I
eat meat and fish, not processed (such as bacon and ham).  It has made such
a difference in the way that I feel, I can't tell you.  I suffered with
Chronic Fatigue and Adrenal Insufficiency caused by undiagnosed CD and tried
everything under the sun.  It has been almost ten years.  I was slowly
getting better, but never could get up to speed.  After 4 months of juicing
(and I have done the natural way rather than taking all the vitamins that I
needed for so many years.)  I finaly have my energy back.  My doctor says it
could take from 6 months to a year to heal the intestines completely, if
severely damaged.  The juicer I use is Hamilton Beach and it sells for
around $20.  USA on sale or $25.  regular.  The doctor says that the juice
is easily absorbed by the intestines and the nutrients go directly to the
blood stream.  It is easy for the intestines to handle and very nutritious.
He also recommends soups for the healing period.  He felt it would be better
to use as little regular food as possible to avoid scratching damaged
intestines, but I needed the protein so I had other foods as well.  This is
not medical advice, because some doctors are afraid that there is not enough
fiber in the diet.  My doctor told me to take a natural fiber if necessary
and eat at least one salad a day, but to chew it carefully and fully.  I
never had a problem.  It made such a difference that I thought that I would
share the information for what it might be worth.  The down side of the
juicing is that it takes time, especially to clean the juicer when I am in a
hurry in the morning.  At first I did not like the juice, but now I love it.
At first, I double strained it, now I don't.  Also it takes a lot of
vegetables.  But the way that I feel, it is all worth it.  Now since I feel
better, I have more time.  I don't drop into bed at 7:00 the way I used to
and drag most of the day.

I found that answer very interesting because last year, I fasted for 5 days
and was only allowed to fresh juice, and I must say, I felt good after.

All the best,

Johanne
Montreal QC Canada