From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:46:18 -0500

        Several responses about my Blue Diamond almond milk posting:  I
had found this product but the price locally is $1.99 per quart.  Pretty
prohibitive for drinking on a regular basis.  (How many folks would pay
$8 for a gallon of milk?!!)

        Anyway, here goes:

One responder says Trader Joe's sells it for $1.59 a quart and another gave
this link to find a store in your area.  http://www.traderjoe's.com (We
don't have any in Arkansas.)

Another suggested buying it by the case. Each carton is about $1.49 this
way.  Good idea on any non-perishable gluten free product.  Many stores will
give a case discount if you just remember to ask.

One person wrote still trying to find a source for Blue Diamond Nut Thins
and has been unable to find them in the Seattle area.  When I bought the
milk I asked about the nut thins and they put them on their list to look
into.  Hope they get them too, now that they know about them.  Many stores
just don't know what to order, so when you see a good review on this list,
ask them about getting some for you to try.  Most are very helpful.

Another respondent said try http://www.glutenfreemall.com  I did and they
did not have it but did have DariFree, which is less than the price of the
almond milk and gets cheaper the larger size you buy.  It is potato based.
I don't know how it is for drinking but it was mentioned in another post as
being used in baking.  Quote from description: "It has been deemed by many
doctors as the most non-allergenic milk alternative available..."

Does this product have any corn in it (including citric acid, lactic acid,
or maltodextrin?) Thanks in advance for letting me know.

Here is what is on the ingredient label for the original flavor: Water,
evaporated cane juice, almonds, tricalcium phosphate, sea salt, potassium
citrate, carrageenan, lecithin, vitamin E acetate, vitamin A palmitate,
vitamin D2.

It does not specify if the lecithin is soy, which it often is and I don't
know if potassium citrate would be related to citric acid.

in CA Raleys occasionally has the Breeze 2/$3...........Also if you are in
CA near Chico they have it cheaper in the Blue Diamond outlet store...I use
DariFree in baking

Thanks for all the responses.  Blue Diamond does not have a phone number
listed on the product, but says to write to: Blue Diamond Customer Support,
Sacramento, CA 95812