From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:59:09 EDT

Amen to amadeo.lindsay.....

I also constantly tell people, even if we could rely on our fellow celiacs to
tell us if something is definitely gluten-free, it is still important for
each of us to contact as many companies directly, as our time and ability
allows....so the companies know there is a viable market for gf products.
I've had more than one drug company tell me that they became totally gf as a
result of numerous inquiries from patients...and other companies are becoming
increasingly more educated about it, so at least when I call, they know what
I'm talking about.

I do like posts to the list, where the author lists the name and number of
the manufacturer, the contact, etc., along with the response. I also wish
there were more posts with specific updated toll-free phone numbers, e-mail
addresses, web sites, etc. of various food, drug, and cosmetic manufacturers,
from those people who have the time to do this research.

Thanks.

Lin