Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 11:34:30 -0500
From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>

Hi!

Culvers Restaurants are a chain in the Wisconsin-Illinois area.  I'm
really not sure where else they might be found.  I just wanted to share
with you that their vanilla custard (soft-serve) ice cream is GF.  The
manager was very helpful including showing me the ingredients list on
the bag of mix that they use and then calling the manufacturer to verify
the mono diglycerides.  He called me back when I got home and told me
that the vanilla custard that they serve is GF.  He called me again
today and said he had been thinking about it and wondered if since it is
a dairy product, and cows eat grain, was that a factor?  I explained
that it was not and he mentioned again that he just wanted to make sure
that it would be safe for my husband to eat.    We really have run
across some very nice people in restaurants who have gone out of their
way to help.

Barbara in Illinois