From:
Suzanne Romey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:15:47 -0400

Hello Everyone,

My husband doesn't do his share of dishes, but that's not the main problem.
He can really be sloppy!  He has to fix his own food, and that means bread
crumbs and pasta are everywere!  I was just wondering how necessary it is to
be strict about avoiding the crumbs.  If he cooks pasta, which gets stuck to
the bottom of the pan, is it OK to use the pan if I scrub it.  The same goes
for the cutting board after he has cut a pizza.  I'm also trying to convince
him that he has to keep his knife out of the peanut butter after he puts it
on his bread.  I bet there are divorces from this situation!  He says he
doesn't believe in celiac disease.  He thinks we have "disease
consciousness" because we are obsessed about avoiding gluten!  When I have a
reaction he says that everyone gets gas pains!  He says he'll try harder,
but I was just wondering how necessary it is for me to be strict about
gluten in my kitchen?

Thanks for the great support, and I'll summarize.  How did people ever
manage without the Internet?

Suzanne