From:
sroliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:48:08 -0400

I hope someone can help me out. I went to the doctor's yesterday with a
horrible sinus infections and she prescribed Zithromax - Z-Pak for me.

Before getting it filled I came home and looked in a brochure that I have
from Children's Hospital from Columbus, Ohio that lists GF medications.
Zithromax was listed as GF but only the caps and the suspension.  With
prescription in hand, I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said they
quit making the caps.  They only make the suspension and tabs. I got home
and called Pfizer (makers of Zithromax) and spoke with someone there. He
told me they no longer make the caps and assured me that the tabs did not
have gluten in them but from his voice there was some type of hesitation
and I asked him if he could guarantee me 100% that it was GF and he read
something and said that it was GF.  He told me that the caps had gluten in
them but are no longer manufactured. Just the opposite of what the brochure
said.

I'm still kind of hesitant about taking it.  Has anybody else had any
problems from the tabs?

Thank you.

Sue Oliver