From:
Heather Cline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:51:15 EDT

Hi Everyone,

I previously posted the following:

<<Prior to diagnosis of Celiac Disease, did anyone suffer from hearing
sensitivity?  One of my siblings suspects celiac disease and suffers from
severe headaches, super sensitive hearing (noises seem louder than they
really are) and reactions to wheat and gluten.

I was just curious if others had similar experiences with sensitive hearing.>>

I received 20 responses from people who suffered from headaches and/or
sensitive hearing.  8 said that the hearing sensitivity improved after going
gluten free.  One mother wrote that her autistic child had increased
sensitivity in hearing, touch, taste and smell.

I appreciate the responses.  My brother is removing gluten from his diet to
see if his headaches and/or sensitive hearing improve.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Heather