From:
Reesa Zuber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 20:04:19 -0700

I have had good luck with Ultram.  It is an intermediate pain medication,
but it has caused no CD problems.  If memory serves, I did check it out and
it was gf.

You might try looking under Demerol or asking what the generic
name is.  Many of the doctors around here prescribe Hydrocodone
or Lortabs for severe pain, instead of the Demerol.
*******
It is spelled demerol and it is gluten free. I am allergic to a lot of meds
besides the gluten factor. That is the safest pain med for me.
*******
It s Demerol.......meperidine .  I do not know the gluten status, but believe
itis gluten free (in IM or IV form.)  Very common med!!!
*******
Meperidine hydrochloride, brand of meperidine hydrochloride, 5 percent
solution has a specific gravity of 1.0086 at 20°C and 10 percent solution, a
specific gravity of 1.0165 at 20°C.

Inactive Ingredients Tablets: Calcium Sulfate, Dibasic Calcium phosphate,
Starch, Stearic Acid, Talc. Syrup: Benzoic Acid, Flavor, Liquid Glucose,
Purified Water, Saccharin Sodium.
*******
Percocet is GF, Reesa. Works pretty good too.
*******
I use a generic for Darvocet-N and it is gluten free.
*******
I have taken darvocet for long periods of time after surgery. It is g/f
*******
I just went thru all that.....the demerol and the pain medications as
I fractured a vertebrae in a ski accident last month. Demerol is gf and
so are tylenol #3. The tylenol #3 are constipating to some people.
*******

--
Reesa Zuber
Yakima, WA  US