From:
Wendi Benecke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:53:07 -0700

Hi Jim,
I have a request to explain costocondritis: I was in a car accident about
10 years ago and now have constant pain where the seat belt tore the
cartiledge in my chest. Costo is the result with inflammation in the soft
connective tissue in the chest wall. Sometimes there are stabbing pains
(feels like a heart attack) shortness of breath and there is alot of pain
under my left breast. Costo can cause numbness in the arm and hand.
Everyone is different and can experience a variety of symptoms, but the
connective tissue pain is the same in most people. I have heard it is
auto-immune and can be part of other auto-immune problems. Some people have
seldom flare-ups and others have constant pain. I hope this helps.