VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 06:36:01 -0500
mailto:[log in to unmask]
From: Ken Rogers <[log in to unmask]>

Has anyone had experience with instant messages using JAWs? Which instant
message program do you use and where can you get a copy of it?
Last Friday I tried to download i c q and the computer tied out on me
without downloading anything... which brings me to a couple of more
questions: 1/ Using a 56k modem how long should a file that is 52Kb take?
Is there a formula that can be used to compute the download time? Or with
past experience, how long has these downloads taken for you in the past?
also 2. Is there anything that can be set on my computer that  can be set
to ring when done, or anything else audible when finished?
Than is for your help.
Ken