From:
Thomas Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:18:42 EDT
     We are in the process of specifying several replacement workstations in
the course from a DOS/Win95 network to an Win95 / 98 entirely network.  As we
analyze various configurations, we have discovered that we don't understand
the relationship between the resolution / refresh rate range of the video
adapter, the video accelerator add-in card and the monitor.  We understand
that no one element of the group will operate at a resolution / refresh rate
in excess of that provided by the least powerful.  However, when starting
fresh, how might one match the capacities and to what component and
specification, primarily, should one direct his attention?  Is a video
accelerator add-in card like the ATi Rage 128 vr the same thing, albeit
improved, as the old video controller cards or do contemporary systems now
support both at the same time?  Is there some significant benefit to
acquiring a monitor that has built-in USB ports or is that really unrelated
to the display function?

Tommy Holmes, Jr.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org