From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:05:26 -0600
At 12:02 PM 09/11/1999 , Michael A. Wosnick wrote:
>Have done a bit more since my original post, all to no avail.
>
>First, the color cartridge is brand new. It is one of those combination
>cartridges, and since all other colors but yellow seem OK, I assume that
>the cartridge is not at fault. Also, the cartridge I replaced had the
>same problem, so it is highly improbable that I had 2 defective
>cartridges that were broken in exactly the same way.
>
>Second, even though I do not suspect the cartridge per se, I did all the
>usual cleaning procedures as outlined by HP troubleshooting. I cleaned
>the cartridges, and cleaned the cartridge carrier.
>
>Third, I have manually inspected the contacts on the printer, and the
>contact plate on the cartridge and can see no obvious damage.
>
>Finally, I have re-installed the printer drivers, and even went back to
>an earlier set of drivers that came with the printer. Neither of these
>makes any difference.
>
>When I do a "clean" from the troubleshooting menu, every band prints out
>(black, aqua, pink, blank) except yellow.
>
>I have to assume that what I am dealing with is a physical printer
>problem, bad contacts or something else. Short of taking the printer in
>for repair, is there anything else I can test?

Here are a few things you can try:
1) Turn off and unplug the printer to the memory will reset
2) Remove the parallel port cable and re-attach it, you may
     even want to try another cable.
3) Try using a different printer driver for your printer, often most
     HP deskjet color printers will work with the HP550C driver
     included in Windows, it is non-bi-directional and speeds up
     printing, (the computer no longer tries to talk to the printer).
4) Go-to the Printer properties box for your driver and if the ICM
     or Image Color Matching box has been checked, remove the
     check mark.

If these do not help, based on your earlier steps to troubleshoot this
problem, my next advice would be to take the printer in for repairs
or call HP's tech support line:  1-208-323-2551

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: