From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:40:54 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: PCBUILD - Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Chin
Sent: Friday, July 09, 1999 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Installing Win95b on refurbished computers

So, you advise that if we perform an OEM Install procedure using a Setup
floppy, then ghost the installation, we be prompted for user name and
license number on each new installation from a ghosted image?  Sounds good
to me.

Another question....  Troubleshooter won't low level format these WDC
drives (made explicitly for IBM, per labeling) as installed in the IBM. Is
there another way of LLFing the drive without removing the drive and
installing in another computer? The WDC pseudo-LLF only writes zeros to
sectors.

Hi,
        If I remember correctly, the oemsetup.exe file is also on the CD.  So you
may not a setup floppy to do this.  Also, if the machine is using a IDE
drive (which I am guessing it probably is)  There is no true LLF.  the
pseudo-LLF is the best we've got.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: