From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:46:08 -0500
Hi, Sorry if this has been suggested already, I missed some of the
earlier posts on this one.

This sounds like what happens if I logon to my ISP and have the "Log on
to network" option checked under Server types:
click on Start, programs, Communications, Dial UP Networking
right click on your connection, choose properties, then click on the
Server Types tab.
look towards the middle of the screen and you should see a box next to
"Log on to network"  make sure this is NOT checked.  At least with mine,
this does cause it to take forever to log on and is unnecessary.

have fun
David A. Abbe

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:51:21 -0600 Cuauhtemoc Ramirez <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Sami Al_mohssen wrote:
>
>> how do i disable the the v.90 function. i'v been told that this is
>the
>> reasons for thoes infinit handshakes whenever i logon to my local
>ISP. i
>> tried the modem on a different ISP that supports v90 and it works
>> fine.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html