From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:48:31 -0600
[ When you go downriver in the fall, you see racks of salmon, like red
[ jewels, split down the center and hanging in smoke to cure for the
[ winter.  Against a turquoise sky with summer green turning into
[ the bittersweet red, they make a memorable picture.

[ I don't know if I can explain satisfactorily, but in the Native cultures
[ here,  food and its availability and means  and methods of gathering
[ are very important in a sense I can only describe as spiritual.

Hi Kathleen - really enjoyed your thoughtful narrative on northern
subsistence lifestyles. It's a keeper.

After yearning for the tropics during my stint as a wannabe
fruitarian, I'm gratified to realize that there are elements in my
own backyard (Alberta, Canada) that also appeal to me at a base level.

Thanks for taking the time to share your observations.
Jo