C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 22:06:53 EDT
I am new to this and not real comfortable about giving my name but I am the
mom of a 15 mo. old son with cp he was born at 26 weeks and weighed 2lbs 4
oz, he has been dealt a very hard hand so far  he had nec and was operated on
at 59 days old but he was lucky in that his appendix was the only thing
affected so it was removed. he also has periventricular lucomalasia or pvl so
we are trying to teach the unhealthy parts of his brain to work for the
healthy parts, he also has limited sight, our new challenge is to decide
whether to have a g-tube placed or not any info on this would be appreciated,
the doctors are also discussing an operation called a fundoplycation, this is
to make the opening of his stomach smaller so he is unable to vomit, but I am
so hesitant about this please feel free to share this with anyone who has
been through it or can give some advice.
thank you
a tired mom in Massachusetts