VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Dunfee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:16:52 -0400
hello,

i was somewhat surprised at the reaction i got to my original message.
most ran along the lines that they visited the site and got it to work.
that was never the question, i also got it to work.   the question is
should we accept such a sub standard search interface?   to be generious,
at best it is very awkward and is un necessarily complex.   at worst it is
a good example of how not to design an interface, sighted or not.   at
worst it seems like a summer intern's project with the ultimate expression
of anal compulsive distractions.

i was dismayed that resigned acceptance was the norm.   remember, this is
for mostly blind use and is paid for by all of our tax money, why should
we as blinks, once again, accept a second; nay third or fourth; best level
of service?   has anyone a contact more likely to make a difference then
the comments link at the bottom of that long 13 screen search interface?

dan