VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:15:00 -0600
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Kelly Ford wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I'm still thrilled to have access to the web and to be
> able to read all I can but I wish some of these articles would really
> investigate the claims that get tossed out as fact.  Apologies for the
> numbers in brackets in the article but Lynx, my first choice in web
> browsers, does this to make navigation easier.  When Will Microsoft
> include such a handy feature?

It should be noted that it wasn't Microsoft but the national federation
of the blind that was featured most prominately in the article.  I should
also note that it was curtis and the NFB who used Explorer as their
browser of choice in posing for photographs and for demonstration to the
reporter.  If one didn't read the article carefully, one would miss
Curtis' statement that he relies upon his wife Peggy to assist him in
using Internet Explorer and navigating the World Wide Web.

kelly