From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:07:16 +0200
Hello Mandi,

MW> Is there some place on the web that lists each CPU and which particular slot
MW> or socket it needs?
The logical source to look would be the CPU makers (www.intel.com,
www.amd.com); some CPUs are manufactured in different socket models -
like Celeron Slot1/PPGA

MW> Is socket 370 the same as zif?
No. ZIF is any socket which does not require any pressure on the chip
to insert it in the socket - you apply pressure to a handle or lever
located near the chip's place on the socket; it is made for many
kind of chips, not only CPUs, and prevents bent/broken pins - of
course most useful with CPUs since they have hundreds of pins.

On the other hand,Socket 370 is a specific type of CPU socket, used
for PPGA Celerons and is of a ZIF type.(please correct me if I'm
wrong) BTW, ZIF is Zero Insertion Force.

MW> Is there any place on the web I can look at pictures of motherboards with
MW> descriptions of what each item on the mobo is for? Perferably with lines or
MW> arrows to the items. In particular, I would like to see what the different
MW> slots look like for different memory types.
Also, search the manufacturers, like www.abit.com

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]