From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:36:46 -0700
At 07:31 AM 11/17/1999 , Tommy Holmes, Jr. wrote:
>    We are configuring and installing applications on several new P-III, Win98
>workstations.  For Win95 we needed to supplement the DOS files Config.sys and
>Autoexec.bat in order to use high / extended memory and to gain access to the
>CD-ROM and the mouse when we booted into DOS and when we used the startup
>disk to reinstall portions of Win95 from the CD-ROM.  Must we make a similar
>adjustment for Win98?  What additional command lines should be included?

Windows98 is no different than Windows95 when you go into MS Dos
at boot up.  Any configuration changes to the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat
files you made for 95 will be required for 98.

The boot disks are a different story.  Windows98 creates a much more
effective boot disk that will install a CD rom driver and mouse driver without
any modifications.

I hope this helps...

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group