From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:36:21 -0500
I just tightened up security as per: http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
"Shields Up by Steve Gibson, Gibson Research Corporation"
His site gave me more warnings about "exposure" than in the past.
If you have not been there, (or recently), it is worth a trip.
It is a learning experience, even if nothing is wrong...
I followed his _settings_  --  not his on/off program(s).
If the following is true, both NETBUI and TCP/IP need to be bound
or unbound properly both on the Internet., and the Intranet.
                  Rick Glazier

From: Andre Cotnoir <[log in to unmask]>
> if I remember correctly you also need NETBUI in order to see the computers
> on this type of network.  TCP/IP is required for the internet

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html