From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:44:48 -0500
There are "about" seven different versions of Win95.
This includes large and small changes.  Only two of those were
available to the general public in stores, unless it came with a new machine
(or some other "exceptions" according to MS licensing requirements).
Your friend seems to have the Original Version with-out
service pac 1 ---  with that, his would say 4.00.950a.
(Note: service pack 1 for Win95 has always been a free download.
Note in a note: Service pac 1 has a bug and needs it's own patch
to correct a problem with passwords... )
Your machine has what is called OSR2. (or 2.1)
One of the biggest differences (IMHO) is FAT32.  He can't have it,
you "might", or do...  (It depends on how your system was set up.)
It is sometimes important to know which exact version (or flavor)
of Win95 you have, such as when "patching it", or when using
some older "utility type" software.

LS120 is a good piece of equipment. I have a couple on different
versions of Win95.  They are sensitive to the version of Win95 you have,
and also the capabilities of your BIOS.  You must follow the installation
instructions very carefully (as far as OS versions, and the "system" requirements.)
On some versions of Win95 you install drivers.
On other versions of Win95 you DO NOT install drivers.
To be able to boot from one, you MUST have a BIOS with that capability, it
must be set for that function, and a boot disk "properly" prepared.
I don't think you can boot from the 120M SIZE disk, but could be wrong.
I never set one up as my only floppy drive, and never wanted to boot from one.

The above is sort of an "overview", and not meant to be an in-depth discussion.

I hope the above helps point you in the proper direction.    Rick Glazier