From:
Mary Elise Zimlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:49:13 -0400
I turned on my Pentium 166 Dell computer today- well tried to turn it on-
it does not come on. I  unplugged and re plugged in the power cord-
nothing. Usually when I plug/unplug the power cord the fan comes on
briefly, but I'm not getting anything. Looks like no power- no lights no
beeps no fan. I think it sounds like the power supply. Does that sound
right? I changed the electrical outlet- made no difference. I don't have
any tools for checking voltages or such even if I knew how to do it.

Thanks for all the help on the low level format of my 2.5 GB hard drive.
Even with the utilities available from Western Digital to do a low level
format,the drive is beyond that. The Wester Digital utility
says  call  Western Digital Tech support. It's a 3+ year old 2.5 GB HD and
I was able to salvage what I needed from it so I'm not going to worry about
it. I know these drives can last a long time, but....it's just not worth
spending more time on it.

Mary