From:
Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:34:16 EDT
I told a friend that I would post her problem to this group of computer
experts just to see if you could give any suggestions as to what her problem
is.  She has a Gateway 233 with 64MB of Ram.  She is running Windows 98 and
is online using a small ISP.  She uses Netscape Communicator.  Her computer
constantly freezes up, many many times per night.  She is constantly having
to turn it off in order to get going again.  She is so terribly frustrated
having to constantly turn her computer off and on all during the night.  It
is my understanding that her hard drive has been reformatted once already and
it ran pretty good for a while, but within the last 2 weeks, it is back like
it used to be.  She has run a Thorough ScanDisk and Disk Defragmenter.  She
installed Norton Utilities 2000 last night.  Right off the bat, Norton said
that she had 132 Windows problems, 4 of which Norton couldn't fix.  She does
clean out her temp files on a fairly regular basis and she runs ScanDisk and
Disk Defragmenter about once every 2 weeks or so.  Even I know that a
computer constantly freezing up are signs of heat.  But could any of you
please give some possible solutions or even what you think the problem might
be.  She would greatly appreciate it.  I have helped her all I know, but you
are the experts on computer problems.

Thanks so much in advance,
Susan Hays

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: