From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:46:34 +0200
Hello Sami,

SG> Hi. I'm having a problem here. I want two installations of WIN98 in my
SG> computer -- see on the bottom why. But this is a problem, because "(...) and
SG> Windows likes to be installed on C: (...)". Is there a way to install two
SG> _entirely_ separated installations of WIN98? Today I was thinking about it,
SG> and remembered that sometime ago I heard something about hiding partitions.
SG> Maybe I can hide one partition when I want to use one installation, and
SG> hiding the other when using the second partition. I don't know if this is a
SG> good idea (and, matter of fact, I don't know how to hide partitions -- I'm
SG> assuming I can do those things from a Boot Menu or a Boot disk). Of course,
SG> maybe it's a bad idea and I need to proceed on other steps. Any Idea?
SG> Anybody went through this problem once?

SG>     Thanks AGAIN;
SG>         Sami Garzon :)

I did this with Win95 (2x Win95 partitions, one English-Hebrew Win95,
one English-Russian. Win98 supports both, so I am no longer using this
method).

What you must do is to find a partition hiding software. There are
many and many of them, be it System Commander, Partition Magic (?) or
freeware Ranish Partition Manager. Then you read the manuals, hide the
old partition and install the second Win98. After this you'll have to
restore the MBR and there you are.

The more detailed instructions are found in manuals. As System
Commander is shareware (?) it has better help and interface, the
freeware R.p.m. has less help and text interface, but also takes less
space. YOu decide.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]