From:
Jamie Furtner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 21:55:14 -0600
This is not true. The 71x series is a dual cartridge printer, just not as fast
as the 72x series. Check HP's web site for verification:
DJ 710C:
http://www.pandi.hp.com/pandi-db/prod_info.show?model=C5894A&name=DeskJet_710C
DJ 712C:
http://www.pandi.hp.com/pandi-db/prod_info.show?model=C5894B&name=DeskJet_712C
URLs may wrap, should start with http: and end with DeskJet_71x0C

Jamie Furtner

At 07:05 AM 99-09-16 , you wrote:
>It's been a while since I bought my 720, but from what I remember...
>The 71x series does not have a dual ink cartidge set up.  If you are
>printing b/w or greyscale, you use the black ink cartridge.  If you want to
>print in color, then you must take out the black cartridge and put in the
>color one.
>
>It also uses the color ink cartridge much faster because when working with
>the color cartridge, it combines all the colors to produce black.
>
>Jim Meagher
>=====
>Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
>http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
>410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
>=====

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html