Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:50:59 +0200
Hi

I was asked to install a modem for a friends business computer, its a very
old IBM (yes not just a clone its the real McCoy) I can't remember the model
name but the number was 100 and its a Pentium with 16mb RAM.
The modem they had didn't have a cable to connect the modem to the PC, and
the PC didn't have a port that would have supported this cable, the PC does
however have to open ports labelled A & B, could I use one of these ports to
connect the modem, and if so are there adapters available that will convert
the larger modem cable to fit a smaller socket ?

A side not is that the PC already has a modem installed (internally) should
I remove this b4 adding the new one or could I leave it there with no
ill-effect ?

I hope you can figure oput what I'm trying to say from that *sheepish grin*

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains/
Never fight with a dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html