From:
"Petr V. Astakhov" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:20:12 +0400
-Original message-
>Hi Group,
>My question is: Is it worth using "drive space"
>compression tool to compress a drive that is getting
>full? Does it slow down the computer? It's just a home
>desk top unit.
>Thank you,
>Gregg

On the usual computer time of obtaining of the information this time of
reading of the information from a WINCHESTER.
On the compressed disk this time of reading of the information with HDD +
time of unpacking of the data.
If the processor fast, and HDD - slow, can take place acceleration of
operation of the computer. If on the contrary, slackening. It seems, that it
is easier to buy the new hard disk for 100 dollars (SeaGate 6,4Gb) and to
not be tormented. Early or late information on the compressed disk for you
will deteriorate also you will spend much more time for its(her) restoring.
Petr

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org