From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 11:27:36 -0400
Here is another "horror" story about DirectCD...
I could never install it...  Adaptec's "solution" was to install "the PATCH"
I asked them point blank "How do you patch a program that won't install?"
They told me to buy a newer version, (again).
Not much of a "work-around"...
Luckily, I was spared all the "other" problems of having it.
                     Rick Glazier

> Finaly, I addressed the problem, it was the Adaptech DirectCD 2.5b which
> come with CD-R/RW, as soon as I removed Adaptech program, everything
> back to work. I already knew that Adaptech software is pice of sh~t, but
> never knew it is that bad.
>
> I hope anyone else won't run in same trouble ever again, and for me, I
> will never ever touch DirectCD.
>
> Jun Qian
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html