From:
Eric Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:14:37 -0500
Hi Cesar,

Problem 2: A water line (iron or copper) will provide a passable ground. Clean a
spot to bare metal and hose clamp a wire to that. It would be better if you
could then ground the wall outlet you use for your computer with this wire, but
grounding to the chassis close to the power supply would work almost as well.
Try this first, it might solve problem 1 also.

Problem 1: This sounds like either memory or heat. 48mb is probably 2ea 8mb
simms and 2ea 16mb simms. Try removing the 8mb simms, if that doesn't work
replace them and remove the 16s, if your cache is removable try that too. If the
problem is heat, generally things will be all right 'till the machine has run
for a while and then the freezes will start. Check to see that all fans are
working and that the cpu fan in attached tightly (with heat transfer compound or
a dab of silicone grease). One other cause is having just too many things
running at once. You can deplete your resources that way and leave windows
nothing to work with.

Best wishes,
Rick