From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:42:47 -0500
I will add a cautionary note here...remember that one feature common to all
portable computers is that they are portable (they tend to fit well in book
bags and the like).  I have not been to a campus in the past few years where
there wasn't SOME way to find an available computer at any time without
owning one...either a friend, a student lounge, a laboratory, a locked
building with no lock on that southeast basement window...For incredibly low
budget, use a Tekram motherboard with Cyrix processor or buy a used system
and dicker down the price.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Dean Kukral[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      Re: [PCBUILD] College computer for freshman
> Quite frankly, I think the daughter would much prefer
> to have a nice mid-range portable computer.  One
> that she could easily take with her to the library or
> class...

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html