From:
"RBAssociates (default) @ rbassociates.net" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:30:40 -0400
List members,
I have a client who had a computer upgrade done by someone else with some
off-brand mother board.  The system has Win98 installed, but is running in
MS-DOS compatibility mode.  I checked both autoexec.bat and comfig.sys to
make sure that there were no DOS drivers being loaded.  There are not.  I
commented-out the only application being loaded in WIN.INI.  I could not
find any indications in the Registry that a DOS program was loaded in any of
the 'RUN' keys.  I also put all of the programs in the "Startup" folder into
a temp folder.  It still boots with Win98 running in DOS compatibility mode.
What have I missed?  Also, when the system boots up, it ALWAYS runs
scandisk, even though it has been properly shut down.

Chipset is ALI,
PentiumII-400,
64MB RAM,
AMI BIOS,
Drive 0= 12GB Maxtor partioned into logicals C, E, F, G, H, I, J of 1.73GB
each
Drive 1= 5GB Maxtor (logical D)

TIA,

Gerald Rasmussen