From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:53:17 -0500
Make sure the 2nd (non-boot) hard drive is set (jumpered) correctly as
slave/master (as appropriate to its location), and check BIOS setup to
ensure all settings regarding the 2nd drive are correct.  Does BIOS
autodetect the HD properly?  Have you actually used (stored/retrieved) data
from the drive while in Linux?  Have you tried without overclocking?
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Sami Al_mohssen[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] Dual CPU boot problem (on NT4.0)
> I have an Epox KP6-BS with 2 Celeron 300's OC to 450 (ComputerNerd
> deal). NT installs and runs fine. The probems arises once I add a second
> disk to any of the IDE controllers of the machine. As soon as I add a
> second disk NT boots up till the point where it should start showing the
> dots in it's screen and then crashes with this error:
>
> *** Stop: 0x0000007B(0XF7813BD4,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0x00000000)
> INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE
>
> and then gives a word dump with ntoskrnl.exe.
>
> I tried a number of things including:
> 1. power the extra disk using another power suppoly just in case it was
> power related.
> 2. remove the CDROM (the machine does run OK with an IDE cdrom installed
> it just has a problem with HD's).
> 3. boot from a different disk with a different installation of NT.
> 4. changed my original 10GB disk to an 8GB one.
> 5. boot from the disk of another workstation that has a slightly
> different version of NT on it.
> 6. this problem occors in both SP1 and SP4.
> 7. Checked the Tepmreature (MB/Says it's 95F).
> 8. Turned off the IDE 1 controler from the BOIS and moved both disks to
> IDE 0.
> 9. All types of Linux boot OK with 2 disk's on the system and don't
> complain at all and is working great.
>

> 1-8 didn't help at all. My best guess is either I have a bad MB (Unlikly
> since Linux boot's OK). Or that there is a driver problem (but the docs
> of the MB don't mension anything about it).
>

> Other info that may be helpful :
> BOIS: 2A69KPAA
> Date 2/26/99
> i440 BX Chip set.
> WD 10GB HDD and seagate4.0GB HDD
> Award Module Bois 4.51PG
>
> Ohh, And enableing S.M.A.R.T. dosn't help either.
>
> HEEEELLLLLPPPPP !!
>

> thanks
>
> Sami
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owner's: