Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:20:16 -0700
<<The stomach and intestines were often eaten with
their contents intact, which means pretty much
anything may have been consumed. In fact, I've read
that most carnivores get their fiber this way.>>

In the Billinghurst book I read on feeding my dogs raw
bones, etc... this same reasoning was given.  However,
we have a wolf park near our home that has a pack of
"wild" wolves.  They are raised in an enclosure and
allowed to act just as a pack would in the wild.  They
have been socialized to allow people to observe them,
handle them for medical purposes, etc.  I asked the
keepers while we were there if they did eat the
stomach and intestines first.  Their response was that
they ripped those things out of the prey animal,
***but didn't eat them unless very hungry***  This
flies in the face of what I have read in other
sources.  Makes me think about just how much
dairy/grains my dogs and myself would have been
exposed to in H/G times.
Jane