From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:48:21 +0200
Rod wrote:
>I would prefer to be an ovo-lactarian vegetarian, but am a type O,
>and according to "Eat Right 4 Your Type" I should be a carnivore.
>And ditto
>according to Atkins and the Paleo diet.  Hmmmnn?
>I still want the bulk of my protein to come from non-dead animals.
>eggs, cheese, grains, etc.  this is more of a religious conviction

>than a health issue, but I still need to lose about 60 pounds
>of weight.
>Does anyone have any dietery suggestions for protein that
>will meet with my religious scruples?

Hello Rod,
I respect your religious convictions and would like to make
some suggestions.
I'm type 0 myself and can't find the reason why d'Adamo may call
the sister a "gatherer" and the brother a "agriculturalist".
I think it's more the *usual* way to stay "off meat" to
eat masses of just wheat what 0'types shouldn't eat
(Wheat is reported to have type 0 agglutinating lectins).

Very good protein sources are all kinds of seeds,
especially nuts and almonds.
Care has to be taken not to select ones you are already allergenic
of (Often is so with hazel and brazils).
I'd better not mix more different species in one meal.
Other nice seeds are quinoa, rice, amaranth, buckwheat(= no wheat).
And yes, these are not so far away from wild varieties and
may have been consumed to some extent in pre-agricultural times.

Top in micronutrients, protein and fat are sunflower seeds.

If you intend to leave weight,
then one main paleo-approach is to get rid of your food allergies,
and the main approach is to skip two of the most common (slow)
food allergenes, namely wheat (or gluten) and milk.
If you still plan to eat dairy, then the best and closest to paleo
way was: skip cow. Skip especially milk and creme.
Prefer goat and sheep.
Fresh and white , cheese will be rather pure animal protein,
as opposed to mature cheeses, which are actual some microbe cultures.

regards, Amadeus

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net