NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 21:27:17 -0700
 We tried this cookie this weekend and thought we'd share the success.
it came from Baker's Chocolate (owned by Kraft).

We substituted the semi-sweet chocolate with 12 oz. of dairy free
chocolate chips, 4 oz of Baker's PARVE Baking chocolate, and added 1/4
cup more brown sugar.

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE COOKIES from BAKER'S

SEE NOTE ABOVE 2 pkg. (16 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate,
divided
          3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
          1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
          2 eggs
          1 tsp. vanilla
          1/2 cup flour
          1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
          2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
HEAT oven to 3500F. Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the
chocolate; set aside.
MICROWAVE remaining 8 squares chocolate in large microwavable
bowl on HIGH 1 to  2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Stir in
sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with wooden spoon until well blended.
Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and
nuts. Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set
to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to
cool completely.

FYI, I found these cookie took a long time to cook.  Next time I will
make them smaller.  (I use a baking stone and that takes longer too.)

I reserved/melted same amounts of chocolate.